Principle Scientist , CSIR
National Metallurgical Laboratory
- 2. a) Father’s Name: Kurapati Narasimhulu (Retd. HTXR,. S.E. Rly.)
- b) Mother’s Name: Late Smt. K. Annapurna
- 3. Nationality: Indian
- 4. Place of Birth: Vemulapalle, S.Kota, Vizianagaram (Dist.), AP.
- 5. Date of Birth: 03.03.1971
- 6. Married ( S. Madhuri, Assistant Professor, JNTU Kakinada)
[Also receiving her Ph.D degree in Ocean Engineering
in 50th CONVOCATION of
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT Madras)
- 7. Particulars of Educational Qualifications:
Degree Obtained &
Branch / Specialization
|Name of the University/Institute||Year of Passing||% of Marks/ CGPA||Class/ Division|
|1||B.E. (Metallurgy)||A.U. College of Engg. Vishakapatnam, A.P.||1992||68%||I|
|2||M.S. by research (Met.)||Registered for M.S. at IIT Madras and upgraded to Ph.D.||NA||NA||NA|
|3||Ph.D. (Metallurgy & Materials Science)||Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai. TN||2012||NA||NA|
|4||M.S. (Information Technology)||Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalle, TN||2003||71%||I|
- Title of PG/Ph.D. Thesis with name and address of Ph.D. Guide.
|Degree||Title of Thesis||Guide||University|
|Joined for MS programme at IIT Madras in 2004.(Subsequently converted to PhD programme in May 2008)||Dr. K.C. Hari Kumar,Associate Professor,
|Dept. of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering,IIT Madras, Chennai-600 036.|
|Aging and corrosion behavior of ultrafine grained Al-Zn-Mg-(Cu) alloys produced by cryorolling||Dr. K.C. Hari KumarAssociate Professor
|Dept. of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering,IIT Madras, Chennai-
9. Details of Experience:
| Total Research Experience: 20 years
|Sl. No.||Name of the organization where employed||Designation||Date of Joining||Date of leaving||Last Pay Band and Grade Pay*|
|1.||International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad-500 005.||Tech. Asst-B||12.11.1992||08.10.1998||—|
|2.||CSIR National Metallurgical Laboratory, Chennai Centre, CSIR Madras Complex, Taramani, Chennai-600 113.||Jr. Scientist (Scientist B)||15.10.1998||14.10.2001||Rs.8000 in the scale of 8000-275-13500|
|3.||CSIR National Metallurgical Laboratory, Chennai Centre, CSIR Madras Complex, Taramani, Chennai-600 113.||Scientist-C||15.10.2001||14.10.2006||Rs.10000 in the scale of 10000-325-15200|
|4.||CSIR National Metallurgical Laboratory, Chennai Centre, CSIR Madras Complex, Taramani, Chennai-600 113.||Senior Scientist||15.10.2006||14.10.2011||Band & Grade pay: Rs 22710 & 7600 respectively|
|5||Principal Scientist||15.10.2011||Till date||Band & Grade pay:Rs.38790 & 8700 respectively|
- i) Total Research Publications / Presentations
(Attached reprints of best 3 recent publications)
|1.||Refereed Journals#||International||7 ( list enclosed)|
- ii) Broad areas of experience:
Research areas: Physical metallurgy, ultrafine grain (UFG)/ nano materials, processing of metals using severe plastic deformation (SPD) techniques, Surface engineering, diffusion coatings, welding metallurgy.
Materials characterization: using optical microscope with image analyzer, SEM, TEM, XRD, DSC, Laser diffraction particle size analyzer, Rockwell and Vickers hardness testers, Microhardness testers etc.
- Patents filed
|Sl. No.||Name of the patent||Year||Organisation|
|1.||An improved Boronizing Component||2002||ARC International , Hyderabad|
- Name and addresses of two professional referees (who are not related to the applicant) who are in a position to testify from their personal knowledge as to the fitness of the applicant for the post applied for:
- i) Name : Dr. K.C. Hari Kumar
Status : Associate Professor
Address : Dept. of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
IIT Madras, Chennai – 600 036.
e-mail and Phone : email@example.com, 044-22574766,Mobile:09444169426.
- ii) Name : Dr. G. Bhaskar Raju
Status : Chief Scientist and Scientist-In-Charge
Address : CSIR-NML Madras Center, CSIR Madras Complex
Taramani, Chennai-600 113
e-mail and Phone : firstname.lastname@example.org, 044-22542529, Mobile:09884971542.
- i) Address for correspondence: Dr. K. Gopala Krishna,
No. 78, Block VII, Scientist Apts, CLRI Quarters
Adayar, Chennai 600 020.
Mobile No. 09444620329
- ii) Permanent Address :Dr. K. Gopala Krishna.
Principal Scientist, NML Unit,
CSIR Madras Complex, Taramani,
Chennai – 600 113.
Phone No. 044-22542077,
- Any other information relevant to the Post applied for, such as:
- i) Memberships/Fellowship and position of responsibility in Professional Societies:
- a) Life member of Indian Institute of Metals (IIM )
- b) Life member of Indian Institute of Welding (IIW)
- c) Life member of Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers (IIME)
- ii) Attainments in sports and extra-curricular activities (including N.C.C.)
- a) N.C.C (Navy wing cadet) from 8th std to 10th
- b) Interested in literary activities, creative writing, poetry etc.
- c) Interests include playing Chess
iii) Language fluency:
List of papers published in international journals (7)
- Gopala Krishna, K., Siva Prasad, T.S.N. Sankara Narayanan, and K.C. Hari Kumar. (2012) Localized corrosion of an ultrafine grained Al-4Zn-2Mg alloy produced by cryorolling. Corrosion Science, 60, 82-89. (Impact factor 3.7)
- Gopala Krishna, , K. Siva Prasad, K. Venkateswarlu, and K.C. Hari Kumar, (2012) Microstructural evolution and aging behavior of cryorolled Al–4Zn–2Mg alloy, Materials Science and Engineering A, 535, 129-135. (Impact factor 2.0)
- Gopala Krishna, , Nidhi Singh, K. Venkateswarlu, and K.C. Hari Kumar, (2011) Tensile behavior of ultraﬁne-grained Al-4Zn-2Mg alloy produced by cryorolling, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 20, 1569–1574. (Impact factor 0.8)
- Bhaskar Raju, S. Prabhakar, S. Subba Rao and K. Gopala Krishna, (2007) Pilot scale studies on the treatment of tannery effluent by electro-flotation, International Journal of Environment and Pollution, 30, 328-340 (Impact factor 0.63)
- Srikanth, B. Ravi Kumar, Swapan K. Das, K. Gopala Krishna, K. Nanda Kumar, P. Vijayan, Analysis of failures in boiler tubes due to fireside corrosion in a waste heat recovery boiler. Published in ‘Engineering Failure Analysis’, Vol.10, 2003, pp59-66. (Impact factor 1.05)
- Srikanth, K. Gopala Krishna, S.K. Das, B. Ravi Kumar, Phosphate induced stress corrosion cracking in a water wall tube from a coal fired boiler. Published in ‘Engineering Failure Analysis’, Vol.10, 2003, pp491-501. (Impact factor 1.05)
- Srikanth, T.S.N. Sankaranarayanan, K. Gopala Krishna, B.R.V. narasimhan, T.V.K. Das, S.K. Das, Corrosion in a buried pressurised water pipeline. Published in ‘Engineering failure analysis’, vol. 12, 2005, pp634-651. (Impact factor 1.05)
- Partial list of Conferences/ Seminars/Workshops:
- Participated and presented a technical poster in the “The 8th International Conference on Nanostructured Materials, held at IISc, Bangalore during August 20-25, 2006. Presented “Production of ultrafine grain structure in Al-Zn-Mg alloy by cryo-rolling”
- Participated in the “39th/55th NMD-ATM” held at Bhubaneswar dring 18th-21st November 2001, organized by IIM.
- Participated in 43rd/ 59th NMD-ATM held at IIT Chennai during Nov 2005 organized by IIM.
- Participated in CSI-2002 National convention on “Harnessing Knowledge Management” held at IISc, Bangalore during Oct 2002.
- Participated in a national seminar on “Science for human development” and presented a conceptual theme on “science@extrapolation” during 26-27th July 2003 at Chennai.
- Satellite conference on “Materials and Technologies for Nuclear Fuels” organized by IGCAR, at SERC, Chennai during 15-16th Dec 2003.
- Participated in International Symposium of Research Scholars (ISRS)-2004 held at IIT Chennai during Dec 2004.